In early 2013 Torstone were a year into their startup business. They asked us to review their initial website in light of new marketing objectives they had planned.
We actually created Torstone’s first website in 2011, along with their branding when they started. It was quite basic, but designed to serve simple needs in their first year of business. However, for their second year and beyond, they realised they would need something better. But we didn’t need to start again – the first website served as a solid foundation on which to improve.
Torstone are a global company providing post-trade processing technology to financial clients through their Back Office System product, Inferno. We’ve been working with them since their days as a startup in 2011, to support and guide their digital marketing efforts. www.torstonetechnology.com
What helped this project is that Torstone put some good thought into what they would need, then asked us to recommend solutions based on our skills and experience.
- A lot more website content would be produced in future, which this needs to be easy to manage
- Visitors need to be able to find content better with the main navigation
- The homepage needs to be more impactful and help inspire visitors to find out more about our core services
- Migrate the website to a content management system (WordPress)
- Re-work the primary navigation with the addition of a submenu
- Add a visual focus on the homepage – a feature image with subtly animated text
- Add a visual call to action menu on the homepage, linking to information about the core elements of their offering
They listened to what we wanted our brand to represent, and delivered. We’ve had many compliments on the website.
Alex Rafinski, COO, Torstone Technology
Torstone have been very happy with the solutions we implemented, and it’s currently meeting all their needs. The improved visual homepage makes a bigger impact on visitors. The content management system has given them much more control over the website. View the full website at www.torstonetechnology.com
As part of the 2013 update of the website, Torstone also commissioned us to create a process diagram. They needed to help visitors and potential clients understand the different modular aspects of their software pipeline, but to do so in context and without information overload.
These requirements posed quite a problem, but after some experimentation the solution we came up with was using Google Slides. These allow for hyperlinked navigation between each slide, making it interactive. They’re editable in the browser, so no need for any software. They also scale depending on what size screen your viewing on. And they can easily be exported into large JPGs for use offline. Once the slides were created, we embedded the document into a page on Torstone’s website.